Mumbai: Zuno General Insurance, a new-age digital insurer, recently launched ad on Cover for electric vehicle owners , a first-of-its-kind in the insurance industry. This revolutionary offering is specially designed to provide comprehensive protection for electric vehicles and cater to their unique needs.
The future of mobility is electric, and Zuno is committed to providing innovative insurance solutions that empower EV owners with peace of mind and comprehensive protection. Recognizing the distinctive characteristics of electric vehicles, Zuno has developed a range of industry-first EV add-on covers that will help reimagine the landscape of motor insurance.
Zuno General Insurance’s EV add-on covers are thoughtfully designed to complement its standard private car policies and cater specifically to the unique needs of electric and hybrid vehicles. With various first of its kind policy features, the EV Add-On Cover includes three essential components to ensure EV owners have a robust and tailored insurance coverage:
for privately-owned charging stations solely used for charging insured Private Charging Station Cover (Industry first)
- Extending coverage to include charging cables, connectors, adapters, and all standard charging accessories for protection against accidental damage and theft.
- Comprehensive coverage vehicles, safeguarding them against fire, theft, and accidental damage – another industry-first.
Personal Accident Cover – a pioneering addition to enhance EV owners’ safety (Industry first)
- Customer will have the choice to add personal accident coverage for cases of injury or death resulting from a fire, blast, or short circuit at their private charging station while charging the insured vehicle.
- Provide coverage for loss or damage to your insured vehicle caused by fire, self-ignition, or short circuit while it’s either charging its battery or parked at a charging station (First in Market)
- Battery Protection in case of consequential loss to battery or parts of battery due to water ingression due to insured peril/Short circuit.
Commenting on the launch, Shanai Ghosh, MD & CEO, Zuno General Insurance, said, “The introduction of the EV Add-On cover is in line with our strategic objective to build an EV based motor insurance portfolio. Our Electric Vehicle Add-On Insurance Cover marks a significant step in this direction, introducing industry-first features designed to cater to the unique requirements of electric vehicle owners.”
With customers increasingly interested in purchasing electric vehicles, this shift in mindset will bring about a dramatic change in the industry. Our goal is to support this transition by offering innovative, industry-first add-ons. These offerings will not only encourage more people to confidently embrace electric vehicles but will also contribute to widespread EV adoption, redefine insurance practices, and simplify our customers’ experiences,” added Shanai.
By introducing the EV Add-On Cover, Zuno remains at the forefront of the digital insurance space, ensuring that customers have access to innovative and comprehensive solutions for the vehicles of tomorrow.