- Participated in Nua-O Fest & interacted with students from all colleges of Khordha District
- Visited Maa Bhagabati Temple, Banapur and reviewed the ongoing developmental works
- Reviewed other major projects of both the districts including Mega PWS projects, irrigation projects, Roads & Bridges, health infrastructure projects, major temple development projects etc.
- Since last visit of Sh Pandian in July and August last year to Nayagarh and Khurdha respectively, based on petitions and feedback, Rs 2091 Crores worth projects have been taken up in these two districts
- Interacted with the public at Banapur in Khordha District and Ranpur in Nayagarh District and received the grievances on various issues and assured early resolution
Bhubaneswar: In accordance with the directive from Chief Minister Sri Naveen Patnaik, Chairman of 5T and Nabin Odisha, Sri V.K. Pandian conducted a visit to Khordha and Nayagarh Districts to review the progress of various developmental projects and interact with students and the general public.
Participating in the Nua-O Program held at Haveli Padia in Khordha, Mr. Pandian interacted with students from all colleges in the district. He deliberated on the significance of the Nua-O program, which serves as a platform for young individuals to showcase their talents, fostering overall personality development alongside academic achievements. Encouraging them to work diligently with self-confidence, he emphasized the pursuit of success.
Mr. Pandian visited the Maa Bhagabati Temple in Banapur, overseeing ongoing development projects with a budget of Rs. 33 Crores. Additionally, he inspected the progress of works at the Maa Ugratara Shatipitha Temple in Khordha, involving an expenditure of Rs. 32 Crores.
The Chairman also reviewed advancements in major projects within Khordha District, such as the establishment of a 100-bed Sub-Divisional Hospital (SDH) in Begunia, the Odisha Paika Academy and Research Centre in Khordha, and the creation of five vending zones with 266 kiosks costing Rs. 8.80 Crores in Khordha Municipality. These initiatives stemmed from grievances expressed during Mr. Pandian’s previous visit to Khordha in August 2023.
Additionally, he monitored the progress of three significant ISS Projects, including bridges across River Kuakhai in Pandara Village, River Daya in Basantapur Villages, and River Kushabhadra in Ramachandrapur Village, with a cumulative cost of Rs. 277 Crores.
Visiting the Mission Shakti Café in Banapur, Mr. Pandian commended the efforts of Mission Shakti members for offering hygienic and affordable food to customers.
Furthermore, he assessed major projects in Nayagarh District, such as the Kusumi Barrage (Rs. 328 Crores), Mega Piped Water Supply to various blocks and NACs (Rs. 1782 Crores), and the development of Nilamadhav Temple in Kantilo (Rs. 31 Crores), along with other temple development projects totaling Rs. 40 Crores. Several of these initiatives were initiated following Mr. Pandian’s previous visit to Nayagarh District in July 2023, during which he attended grievance meetings and collected feedback from the public.
During the day, Mr. Pandian interacted with the public at Paltan Padia in Banapur, Khordha District, and Jail Chowk Ground in Ranpur, Nayagarh District, addressing various concerns and assuring prompt resolutions.